Worldteam focuses on three key areas of abolition: prevention, intervention and restoration.
We seek to prevent the trafficking or exploitation of at-risk individuals by:
- Raising awareness through the arts and mass media
- Sponsoring educational seminars
- Hosting community events
We seek to intervene in situations where individuals are exploited and/or trafficked through:
- Hosting TIP ID Training
- Collaborating with community stakeholders (schools, businesses, faith communities, local legislatures, first responders, law enforcement)
- Mentoring at-risk families and individuals
We seek to restore victims of sexual exploitation through the creation and replication of the SoCal Restoration Center. These centers will specialize in:
- Holistic restoration of victims
- Community-wide development of leadership in counseling, foster care parenting and youth mentorship
- Networking with providers of health care, legal aid and vocational training
Worldteam operates on local, regional, and national levels.
On the local level, we train A-teams; small groups committed to identifying and meeting specific needs in local communities and communities abroad.
Regionally, Worldteam facilitates the creation of task forces, made up of A-teams and volunteer leaders who focus on the model and replication of SCRC. These centers will be the center of community-wide initiatives to create Traffic Free Cities.
Worldteam also collaborates nationally with other organizations in order to create Abolition Coalitions.